Dreamful

 


DREAMFUL

  CHAPTER:44




    ...'Surprises after surprises!', that's what Dez could think when after reaching her apartment door, she found a person, holding a bouquet of red and white roses, hesitating to ring the bell to her house.

"I could help.", Dez said with a smile, startling the person. He quickly hid the bouquet behind his back like it was some kind of bomb Dez had discovered he owned.


"Dez...hi..?". Oliver- Grace's fiancé -or Grace's ex-fiancé as a matter-of-fact. He didn't come to their house very often but whenever he did, he always had a chocolate bar or two for Dez, though he didn't speak much, he considered Destiny as his own younger sister. Destiny folded her arms and pointed at the bouquet.


"You bring that after hurting my sister?". He looked down at the floor as his face fell, he hesitated to speak when Dez remembered, he hadn't done anything, he hadn't broken up with her, Grace had. He wasn't the problem for Grace's sadness, his family was.


"Oh, sorry, Oliver...I didn't mean that...why don't you speak to her?", Dez said, moving her arm toward the bell when he said,


"Oh, wait!!!"


"What's it?"


"Will Grace accept me again? How has she been?", he questioned, not meeting her eye. Nervous. Very nervous...


"Grace...she can be very odd...I must say, but I'm very positive she misses you.", that seemed to brighten up his mood. He pulled back himself-confident and arranged the bouquet properly in his hand.


"So now may I ring the-"


"Wait.", he said and dug into his pocket, revealing a bar of chocolate and giving it to Dez.


"This is for you. Good luck with your career, Dez. You've been amazing on the ramp!"


"Thank you!!...was this meant for Grace?", Dez asked. He looked into the bouquet and grabbed a similar one.


"No, I've got another one for her."


"Okay, mom, I'll see you-", the door opened and Grace gasped when she saw him, Not one minute in and she dived in to hug him, breaking into tears. While Oliver stood there, trying to balance both, himself and the bouquet and when he caught Destiny's eye he smiled and mouthed a 'Thank you!'. Though Dez hadn't done anything, absolutely nothing, she had comforted him with her words that made him stand up a little more confident. And looking at Grace's embrace simply proved that the duo was patched back. And Destiny's thought of her 'ideal' couple returned.


                                           **************************

  


"You will directly see me on Saturday...pain it is...isn't it?", Destiny recalled his statement while she sat at the stairs of the gym for her water break. Well, pain...? That wasn't true but she realized how easily she got bored at the gym without him, 'Stupid, stupid, me it's just like I need someone to talk to!', she assured herself, when her phone rang, it was Rylee.


"How easily do you forget me?", she spoke, her voice sounding sad, but hiding laughter.


"I'm sorry-"


"You shouldn't be!", she said and laughed." but I do miss you!", she continued. She had met Rylee only about three months back but Rylee being a former model had been extremely sweet and helpful by giving her daily ramp-walk training sessions and being a great friend as well. Destiny had also developed a bond and a vibe with Rylee and she enjoyed her company as much.


         

                                      *******************************


  It was eight-thirty A.M. that Saturday and Destiny was getting ready for her first-ever fashion gig. She curled her hair just a little and went in for some everyday makeup, along with cropped tee shirt and skinny jeans, she strapped on her heels and left her apartment, waiting for Edwin. He showed up on time! She couldn't help but look at him for a good one minute,


"How was the week?", he asked, as Destiny got in.


"Quite boring I would say."


"I do make things interesting you know?". 'Sure you do.', her mind said.


"You didn't need to come all the way to pick me up! Thanks anyway!", she said, looking at him.


"Wait, that doesn't sound 'Dez'!". Destiny laughed,


"I'll try again?"..."you didn't need to come all the way to pick me up but I'm happy you did because it saved me the tram ticket fare and a lot of rush!", Edwin laughed hearing her.


"That sounds Dez! By the way, I was thinking-", he went on when his phone started ringing. He took one look at the screen and appeared thinking to himself about whether or not to pick up.


"Excuse me for a few minutes?", he asked, opening the car door. Destiny nodded and watched him walk away a little. 'The way he's secretive about the call...it's sure from the pageant. 'she thought and looked around the car. In the back seat, she found a fashion magazine kept on the seat. She picked it up and started turning the pages, it was the same one she had completed reading two days back.


"What magazine is that?", he asked, returning after five minutes.


"This is YOUR magazine, not mine, it was kept there..."..." you layout the magazines right?"


"Well, I don't work for this company...", he said, eyeing the magazine, "but that's my job.", he completed with a smile. Destiny looked on as he started the car and found something different about his arm. His inner elbow had a kind of design tattooed, which was new.


"Heyy! YOU GOT A TATTOO?!", she asked, pulling his arm and only realizing a second later how stupid did that seem. He locked his eyes with hers for a moment and smiled,


"You like it?". She inspected the tattoo more carefully, it had some letters written...she could see the letters E and N and some more letters that were difficult to make out which were neatly curved around each other, creating an abstract pattern, and of course, for someone like Edwin, a tattoo was a cherry on the cake to his personality.


"What's it supposed to mean?", she questioned. He looked lost in thought for a minute after which he laughed and replied,


"This is the design I made for a university portfolio that got me accepted, the least I could do was get it tattooed."


"So it's just something illogical? And you got it tattooed?"


"Well, that's the irony.", he said, and Destiny expected him to laugh or smile but he didn't, he rather looked off after discussing the tattoo. Destiny took one last look at the design and said,


"Well...how was YOUR photoshoot on Tuesday then?", she stressed the word 'your' making bunny years while speaking.


"I thought you are the one having a photoshoot, not me.", he replied. 'You could be a complete moron sometimes, dear Edwin.'


"I meant YOUR SELFIE PHOTOSHOOT?!!!", she shouted. He soaked it in for a minute before throwing his head back and laughing,


"She wanted to click a picture."


"With you.", Dez said, and looked ahead, folding her hands.


"With me, right. That's all."


"That's all.", Dez repeated...."well, I'd like to ask you something."


"No, I don't like her.", he snapped. Dez laughed,


"I didn't ask that, I'm asking why are you not a model?", she questioned, looking at him.


"You think I could be one?", he asked, running his hand through his hair, making them messier than they already were, looking more handsome than he already was. Dez laughed and slapped his shoulder,


"Ouch! Is this the punishment for selfie with Steph...?". Dez looked away, hurt. How could he? How could he? HOW COULD HE?!!!


"anie..", he continued and laughed...."to answer your question, I'm glad I'm not a model."


"And why is that?", Dez asked, not meeting his eye, voice meek.


"Because this job made me cross paths with you in the first place". Destiny's eyes looked at his, as she searched for not a joke but authenticity and she was stunned to see it there. But then again, could she have mistaken one of his flirt comments to be the truth? She simply didn't know, she simply didn't.



                                                                          TO BE CONTINUED...


Do let me know what do you think about the story so far...suggestions, reviews n comments are always appreciated🖤


Let's connect!

My Instagram and twitter:@mehrchougle

Follow for writing updates and more❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incredible monsoons are here!

Colors for every mood!

Reflecting on my favorite quotes!